Tuesday, September 21, 2010

ASUS Rampage III Gene (X58 Express) Motherboard

ASUS Rampage III Gene (X58 Express) Motherboard

I just got this motherboard and man what a PITA it was to setup or I"m getting rusty LOL.
First I didn't get any video after putting all together and no beep codes didn't help since my Antec P180 mini doesn't come with a speaker. Actually, I don't think many cases come with the old pc speaker anymore. This is one area where EVGA motherboards are better since they come with a POST LED that spits out a code in front of you so you know right away what's wrong!
Anyways, I tried removing memory, moving vidcard around and nothing seemed to help.
Finally, after checking out the Asus forums I saw a posting that said to try memory slot in the middle have no idea why but that seemed to work and I was able to get into the bios and fix stuff after that!
Installed Win7 in under 10 min easily using SSD!

No comments:

 
Tweets by @daviangel